ATX Community

SOMEONE I USED TO WORK WITH

Lee B

Speaking of sick kids, many years ago a client brought in his two grade school age kids and was letting them run up and down the hallway without a care in the world.  After they left, we found out  the kids had drank almost all of the coffee creamers because they didn't bother to throw them away.

• Haha 4

There is a chance that we might get snow on Wednesday night < 1".

Co-worker has already declared she might not be in on Thursday.

I can understand it snowing and you come in 2 hours late but come on people. Locally, 90+% of the time the streets are completely clear by 10am after an overnight snow.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Roberts said:

Co-worker has already declared she might not be in on Thursday

I've worked with a lot of people like that. Some of them miss several days after every snow. They're scared to death to drive if there's any snow on any part of the road. Driving on snow and ice is not taught in drivers ed, so you have to learn how to do it on your own.

• Like 2

But even there, you have people that don't have enough sense to stay home when they should.  My assistant doesn't want to miss any time because she is paid by the hour (she has two weeks paid vacation, but she doesn't want to use that for snow days - or sick days).  Can I tell you how many times she has come in on snow days without giving us a chance to clear the driveway, and then because she doesn't drive as well in snow as she thinks she does she winds up crosswise in the driveway and has to be dug out by hand because now the plow can't get around.  She comes in sick too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gail in Virginia said:

But even there, you have people that don't have enough sense to stay home when they should.  My assistant doesn't want to miss any time because she is paid by the hour (she has two weeks paid vacation, but she doesn't want to use that for snow days - or sick days).  Can I tell you how many times she has come in on snow days without giving us a chance to clear the driveway, and then because she doesn't drive as well in snow as she thinks she does she winds up crosswise in the driveway and has to be dug out by hand because now the plow can't get around.  She comes in sick too.

Does this person brings in the same lunch everyday in the same tupperware and submits a reimbursement for meals, working more then 8 hours day?

9 hours ago, Roberts said:

There is a chance that we might get snow on Wednesday night < 1".

Co-worker has already declared she might not be in on Thursday.

I can understand it snowing and you come in 2 hours late but come on people. Locally, 90+% of the time the streets are completely clear by 10am after an overnight snow.

Are you sure they're not from NC? Heck here, if they more than 6 snow flakes their going to the grocery store for milk and bread. I mean the stuff will fly off the shelves in minutes when the forecast comes out. I've never figured out how a milk sandwich tastes

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Milk, eggs and bread fly off the shelf because Americans love french toast.

We live in the city, if you live relatively close in you can always take mass transit. Oddly the people who fear snow the most will live WAY out so that mass transit isn't an option. Almost as if it is on purpose.  I drive a sports car horrific in the snow - take the bus on snow days. In 15+ years the buses have never not run.

• Like 2