Jump to content
ATX Community
cbslee

SOMEONE I USED TO WORK WITH

Recommended Posts

We had a guy who prided himself because he never went sick.  He would come in sniffling , coughing, sneezing and touching all our stuff.  We wanted to kill him, and yes, it would have been self defense and there would have been no witnesses.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Repeat offending clients that do this each season are also at risk of the @Rita method of dealing.  Don't show up flushed with fever 😳 🤒, loose cough, and dripping nose 👃 🤧 🤢 or eyes and tell me you are 'ok'.  🤬

I'll be disinfecting everything! 😷

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about when a client comes in with a child and you ask if there is no school today.  "Oh, he's sick so he didn't go to school."  Well, thank you so much for bringing him and his germs into my office.  And the poor kid should be home in bed if he's sick!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of sick kids, many years ago a client brought in his two grade school age kids and was letting them run up and down the hallway without a care in the world.  After they left, we found out  the kids had drank almost all of the coffee creamers because they didn't bother to throw them away.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ILLMAS said:

the kids had drank almost all of the coffee creamers

At least they puked in dad's car later,  instead of in your office?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a chance that we might get snow on Wednesday night < 1".

Co-worker has already declared she might not be in on Thursday.

 

I can understand it snowing and you come in 2 hours late but come on people. Locally, 90+% of the time the streets are completely clear by 10am after an overnight snow.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Roberts said:

Co-worker has already declared she might not be in on Thursday

I've worked with a lot of people like that. Some of them miss several days after every snow. They're scared to death to drive if there's any snow on any part of the road. Driving on snow and ice is not taught in drivers ed, so you have to learn how to do it on your own.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But even there, you have people that don't have enough sense to stay home when they should.  My assistant doesn't want to miss any time because she is paid by the hour (she has two weeks paid vacation, but she doesn't want to use that for snow days - or sick days).  Can I tell you how many times she has come in on snow days without giving us a chance to clear the driveway, and then because she doesn't drive as well in snow as she thinks she does she winds up crosswise in the driveway and has to be dug out by hand because now the plow can't get around.  She comes in sick too.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gail in Virginia said:

But even there, you have people that don't have enough sense to stay home when they should.  My assistant doesn't want to miss any time because she is paid by the hour (she has two weeks paid vacation, but she doesn't want to use that for snow days - or sick days).  Can I tell you how many times she has come in on snow days without giving us a chance to clear the driveway, and then because she doesn't drive as well in snow as she thinks she does she winds up crosswise in the driveway and has to be dug out by hand because now the plow can't get around.  She comes in sick too.

Does this person brings in the same lunch everyday in the same tupperware and submits a reimbursement for meals, working more then 8 hours day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abby Normal said:

Maybe you should give her some sick days, though.

Or pay her to stay HOME  until you give the all-clear that the plow has been through!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Roberts said:

There is a chance that we might get snow on Wednesday night < 1".

Co-worker has already declared she might not be in on Thursday.

 

I can understand it snowing and you come in 2 hours late but come on people. Locally, 90+% of the time the streets are completely clear by 10am after an overnight snow.

Are you sure they're not from NC? Heck here, if they more than 6 snow flakes their going to the grocery store for milk and bread. I mean the stuff will fly off the shelves in minutes when the forecast comes out. I've never figured out how a milk sandwich tastes

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milk, eggs and bread fly off the shelf because Americans love french toast.

 

We live in the city, if you live relatively close in you can always take mass transit. Oddly the people who fear snow the most will live WAY out so that mass transit isn't an option. Almost as if it is on purpose.  I drive a sports car horrific in the snow - take the bus on snow days. In 15+ years the buses have never not run.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×