ATX Community
Sign in to follow this  
holmesstephaniie

How to find a qualified intermediary?

I want to do a 1031 exchange, start off by finding a qualified intermediary. A qualified neutral intermediary, who can handle the mechanics of exchange. I have no intention to use this process to avoid taxes in other ways. For example, not using all the money from a sale to purchase a new property. Or trading with a family member using a bogus sales price. I just want to know how to find a qualified intermediary?

1 hour ago, holmesstephaniie said:

I want to do a 1031 exchange, start off by finding a qualified intermediary. A qualified neutral intermediary, who can handle the mechanics of exchange. I have no intention to use this process to avoid taxes in other ways. For example, not using all the money from a sale to purchase a new property. Or trading with a family member using a bogus sales price. I just want to know how to find a qualified intermediary?

This is a quote from our Registration Terms that you saw when signing up:

Important: The ATX Community is for use only by tax professionals and those in related industries. Guidance and answers will not be provided to questions posed by the general public

I also noted that your IP address is from Bangladesh, not TX as you indicated in your profile.

Edited by jklcpa
formatting
  • Like 2

In my experience, many large escrow/title firms also act as 1031 intermediaries.

Ask any Commercial Real estate Broker and they will know who they are.