ATX Community

Can't find a fix for signature printing

Tax Prep by Deb

Ok, I am so new to this and the solution is probably right in front of my face, but I have a 2016 S Corp that I am trying to finish.  My client is not able to e-file it because she is currently working with a Revenue Officer and she wants all returns hand delivered.  Everything is set to go except I noticed that it is printing the clients signature.  How do I get the printed signature off?  Also I want my signature to be printed, how do I set this up?  I have spent the whole morning trying to figure this out.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

If you aren't e-filing, make sure that the "PIN" and "EF" screens aren't included. The client's signature is generated from the "PIN" screen for S corps.

For your signature to be printed on the return, exit out of the return and on the main Drake screen, go to the Setup drop-down menu and open the Preparer(s) setup.  Open by double clicking on the preparer for yourself that shows the PTIN #, not the ADMIN one.  ON the next box that opens, you should see a checkbox on the right side that says "Alternative Electronic Signature".  Check the box to print your signature on the forms, and then click on SAVE at top left of that box.  This is a global setting, so any returns you print while this is checked will have your signature printed.  

• Like 1