ATX Community

grumble mumble ATX!

schirallicpa

I just tried to log into MyATX and was not able to log in.  Nothing new - their obsession with password changes usually trips me up.  So I tried to click on "forgot my password" and it would not proceed without my registration number.  I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I don't happen to have that memorized, nor do I even have it handy.  So, I picked up the phone and called the ATX help number on my rolodex (yes - rolodex.  still got one.)  And - when I put in my customer ID, which certainly hasn't changed - my number is INVALID!  and possible reasons are because I have not RENEWED!  Unbelievable.  Now CCH is going to block me until I pay up for the new year.  I can't believe this company sometimes and I cant believe I stick with them......

Not a whole lot.  They have some very good practice returns to get you orientated, are very quick to pick up the phone, won't let you go until they get the problem resolved, (in my case I was the problem and when we both figured it out had a good laugh!).  I do not think you will be disappointed!  I too held off because of the learning curve, but what may slow you down a bit in entering you will more than make up for it in the speed of the program.  It loads instantly and not once has it even hiccupped!

I haven't done a complete season with it yet, but I am looking forward to it and am not disappointed so far!  As far as a learning curve, I figured this year even with ATX we were going to have a learning curve so why not start totally new?

Also on the Drake part of this board, they are eager to help and very quick to respond.  After all how did we all learn ATX?  It certainly wasn't because of a user manual.  We learned a lot on our own and asked help from others.  Believe me when I say that will not change if you switch to Drake!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tax Prep by Deb said:

Also on the Drake part of this board, they are eager to help and very quick to respond.

Indeed!  I switched *during* the 2012 season debacle, and my "learning curve" took far less than the time I'd already spent trying to get ATX to work.  My business partners also switched, and while neither of them consider themselves experts yet, they both agree that it took far less learning than they had feared, and that they believe it is faster overall (for our client base, anyway).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

And this is ATX's fault, how?

You have your 20 digit code memorized?  Why?  Most of us don't and didn't know we had to.  Registration codes get filed away with the disk and the purchase docs.  Not on my rolodex. The thing is - why is ATX making us jump thru hoops to log into their "help" site.  

28 minutes ago, schirallicpa said:

You have your 20 digit code memorized?  Why?  Most of us don't and didn't know we had to.  Registration codes get filed away with the disk and the purchase docs.  Not on my rolodex. The thing is - why is ATX making us jump thru hoops to log into their "help" site.  

I have it in a secure file on my computer, with a link on the desktop.  ATX has been using the code for verification for at least two prior years.  No need to memorize, when I have it in a file.

• Like 3