ATX Community

Merry Happy

Catherine

And of course Happy Festivus to the secular minority who celebrated on 12/23.   At our house we celebrate Chrisnukah on Christmas day with an open house where all are welcome.  As Abby says, we raise glasses, feast, and dance.  Only rule is no politics (unlike Festivus where "airing of grievances is first order of business").  If you read Doonesbury on Sunday the comic strip was exactly what happened at our house last year.  We almost made it to the end and someone said something and started off two other people.  I had to expel the offender and he gets a 1 year ban, although if he shows up he will surely be welcomed.

Joy to all this holiday season and all the best to everyone for the new year.

• Like 6

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:11 AM, Bart said:

Polish (język polski [jɛ̃zɨk ˈpɔlskʲi] (About this soundlisten), polszczyzna, or simply polski) is a West Slavic language spoken primarily in Poland and is the native language of the Poles

Since this post derails the subject off one side of the tracks, I'll venture to shove it off the other rail; i.e., does anyone know whatever happened to those delicious Polish pickles we used to get at the grocery but haven't seen in many many years?  They were in a quart jar with a big, plain, white label saying (oh ye Gads - how to spell it?) "Wyjiske Wyroby" (or something like that).  They were soooo good, but have disappeared - at least from here in the boondocks.  Maybe some resident vegans know?

Oh, and Merry everything to everybody. 

• Like 1

You can still find Wiejske Wyroby pickles online at Costco, Sam's Club, and Amazon.  I agree, they are delicious and I'm an old Ba Tampte customer from Brooklyn, although their products have fallen some in quality.  Now I found a local vendor in MA that makes a great half sour pickle, like they just came out of the barrel.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, FDNY said:

You can still find Wiejske Wyroby pickles online at Costco, Sam's Club, and Amazon.  I agree, they are delicious and I'm an old Ba Tampte customer from Brooklyn, although their products have fallen some in quality.  Now I found a local vendor in MA that makes a great half sour pickle, like they just came out of the barrel.

Dear FDNY-Seuss,

Thanks much.  We've got a Sam's but not the other two and our Sam doesn't carry them.  Found some online but they're the petite style and I want the old-fashioned big ones, so will keep looking with your correct spelling of the name.  By the way, what is Ba Tampte (a food? a religion? other?).  If the latter, then Merry B.T. to you. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, FDNY said:

My husband was special ordering Ba Tampte at a supermarket here in Omaha after he discovered them by accident. He did say that the last few were not as good, so he started making him own from recipes that he found online. He pickles everything and everyone else loves them. He does too many fermented ones and I don't like them at all.

• Like 3

There will be some clients who will want to get pickled after they hear the bad news.  Those that have adjusted withholdings lower and will not benefit from the tax bill.  I have a few on my radar that will not be happy.

So happy new year, enjoy the time off while it lasts, and remember, don't DWP (Driving While Pickled).

• Like 4