ATX Community

1099 printing

Marie

Unfortunately selecting a page doesn't work.  If I have 2 Forms 1099 in the file but only one needs to be filed with my state tax authority, I can't pick only that one.  And they want a full page with the second one blank, so I can't cut off the other one.  I have had to delete the records for the ones I don't want to file with the state, then close out without saving.  It was much nicer when we could pick which records we wanted to print.

you have to go to the "Detail" tab worksheet and at the far right is the column to enter "X" for whichever 1099 you want to print.  Definitely a few extra steps than in the past which is a pain but I was worried they got rid of the functionality so sign of relief there's something in place for all the replacements we end up producing in February and March

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had one very recalcitrant case some time ago.  I solved it by putting a half-piece of paper over the section I did not want, with low-tack tape (drafting or artist tape), and sending that sheet through the laser printer.  Then I peeled off the masking half-sheet, and had a full sheet with one 1099 on it.

Thank you LouD.  That is the answer I needed.  I'm not sure I would have found those check boxes because I don't normally have to use that tab.

And printing to PDF instead of printing the page directly doesn't help my situation.  As long as there are 2 recipients on the same page and I only want to print one to submit to my state authorities, using a PDF instead of printing directly gives the same result.