ATX Community

Using BSO for client

Margaret CPA in OH

I have a BSO account but not used for a couple of years as no employees now.  I need to file a W2c for my church.  Is it possible to do that through my account?  I think so but not sure.  I was able to log into it after updating my old password but couldn't find an answer to this on any of the "help" options.

Thanks, Catherine.  I already reset my password as noted above.  I was actually surprised it 'took' since the last one was from January 2016!  I guess since I didn't inactivate the account, that was the only thing needed!

There will be SS and MC tax due so how is that paid?  The church forgot to run about $475 'extra' pay through the regular payroll so no taxes were withheld and remitted.

• Like 1

Yes, I just remembered today that I also have to do 941X along with the local amended reconciliation and, of course, the state.  I think the church still has an EFTPS account.  Years ago when I was treasurer I did everything including payroll so set up all these things.  Virtually every treasurer since then has managed to mess up something along the way.  In theory all was 'solved' when it was decided to use a payroll service.  However, a part time employee was paid from a different account for extra work that did not make it into the payroll reporting and, of course, no taxes withheld. 

The current treasurer is well meaning and grateful for assistance but he didn't catch this payment from October.  I think he will be looking at every check in the future - or I will scowl at him every Sunday.

Thanks again for your help and reminders.  This is my task tomorrow as I got copies of all the original filings from Paycor this afternoon.  Ugh, I really didn't want to do this. At least I'm not busy yet with returns.

• Like 2