ATX Community

1099 ROLLOVER

Marie

1099'S Rollover,  All are rolling over to company instead of individual.  Then when I check it, error shows that EIN is needed.  Most of my people don't have EIN.  So then I go to individual tab, put program doesnt put in SS # or address.  Plus a filing status has to be checked at the bottom of the info page.  WHat's going on?

Ah, payroll compliance, new 'improved version. Um hum.  I am trying a corrected W-2 since it has the same EIN as the 1099's so no extra  charge ($10 per EIN) but the data from the W-2C does not flow to the W-3C and, of course, those fields are not accessible.  After 2 hrs, 54 minutes on hold I did reach a really nice tech person who couldn't figure it out (it shouldn't do that - duh!) and ran it up to the next level.  I stressed the importance of expedience so we will see.  If it isn't fixed, BSO direct it is. 

I guess the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' adage didn't apply here.  The new program looks prettier, matches better but doesn't work as well.  Whatever happened to beta testing before prime time? /s

• Like 1