ATX Community

E-file already accepted

Tax Prep by Deb

Now I am confused.  I have a single client very easy return.  I went ahead and prepared it last week and transmitted it to Drake so that when everything opens (I assumed next Monday) that she would be early in line.

Normally I don't send the state until Fed comes back, but because I know everything is ok I sent both.  State (California) came back the same day accepted.  I was playing around today and it seems like my Federal has been accepted as well.  I thought they were starting next week.  Am I just not understanding Drake?  First year using it and I find this part a little more difficult than ATX.  How do you all keep track of the ones that have been sent, pending, ect…  If you hold the state, what do you use to remind you to go back and send it?

Is it possible this return was accepted by  the Drake servers and not the IRS or CA? From the client manager, right click on the client's name and select "Open Efile Data Base For Selected Client. This will give you the transmission detail. Maybe you just got one thru.

To answer your second question, in the client manager, the status will be displayed. It will show accepted, rejected, pending; etc. Also, look at the left side of the screen under alerts and notifications, if you have a notice you have acks to process, click that and it will give you the status as well. Trust me when I say, once you get used to Drake, you won't regret it. Yes, a small learning curve. In the early years of ATX/Sabre Pro, I always fought with how to know the status of a return. Last year I used ATX was 2007 so a lot may have changed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tax Prep by Deb said:

How do you all keep track of the ones that have been sent, pending, ect…  If you hold the state, what do you use to remind you to go back and send it?

You can sort the Client Manager list by clicking on any column heading, so for example, clicking on the Fed Ack status column will put them in order by grouping the various statuses.  In client manager, I have additional columns to track the ack status and date of each state.  The state of residence will show as state 1, other states as state 2, and so forth.   With all of that set up, once a client's Fed and state acks are all back as "accepted" with a capital 'A' (little 'a' is used for extensions), then I will change the client status to "complete", and I have the client manager set to "hide completed returns" so that the only returns that show are those that are in process.  Right clicking anywhere in the client manager will bring up the options for what to display and allow customizing the columns. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Terry D said:

Is it possible this return was accepted by  the Drake servers and not the IRS or CA? From the client manager, right click on the client's name and select "Open Efile Data Base For Selected Client. This will give you the transmission detail. Maybe you just got one thru.

To answer your second question, in the client manager, the status will be displayed. It will show accepted, rejected, pending; etc. Also, look at the left side of the screen under alerts and notifications, if you have a notice you have acks to process, click that and it will give you the status as well. Trust me when I say, once you get used to Drake, you won't regret it. Yes, a small learning curve. In the early years of ATX/Sabre Pro, I always fought with how to know the status of a return. Last year I used ATX was 2007 so a lot may have changed.

It is showing as IRS accepted, and the state CA accepted.  Seems odd if they are not opening up till next Monday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tax Prep by Deb said:

It is showing as IRS accepted, and the state CA accepted.  Seems odd if they are not opening up till next Monday.

I believe that the IRS does process a limited number of returns ahead of the official opening. Perhaps your client's returns were in one of those batches.  If you are very concerned, Drake support should be able to tell you for sure.

• Like 1

I kind of think like you said, mine was part of a test batch.  Usually I don't transmit early but new to Drake this year I wanted to check out the process.  I am amazed at the speed of Drake! 

Thank you for the tips!.  Now if I could figure out the mayor's thing,  and how to quickly select what I want to print.

• Like 1