ATX Community

DO I NEED TO CHARGE FED. AND STATE TAXES?

DTA

Hey community, I'm new here and I've been struggling to understand taxes as a small e-commerce owner.

My business is based out of Texas but I operate out of California. Am I suppose to just charge taxes from those two states? Secondly, as a business owner, do I need to charge federal tax along with state tax on my products?

I never knew a business needed to charge Federal Tax on their products.

Can someone please help a newbie out on this whole tax thing, because it's SUPER confusing and frightening.

Thanks.

Hey DTA,

You need to hire a tax professional to help you.  Just by the nature of your question, you are in way over your head.   And the fact that you are asking on a web board looking for free advice is even more concerning.   What you get for free on the internet is worth exactly what you pay for it.

In a few minutes, the moderator is going to read back to you the terms of this site, which you agreed to when signed up and tell you that this site does not give advice to non-professionals.   We only work with professionals in the tax industry.  Then she is going to lock this post.

Get a tax advisor, someone who is reputable, and pay them to answer your questions.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 4

• jklcpa locked this topic