ATX Community

Partnership Return Prep - Reporting Pass Through of QBI to Partners -

gfizer

I am working on a return for a general partnership with 2 partners.  The business is a qualified business per the definition so no issue there.  When I complete the input for the partner K-1s and fill in each partner's share of the non-service Section 199A income on line 20z of the input form and then check the return I get the following warning "Sch K-1 Warning Section 199A Income for Non-Service allocated to to partners does not equal the amount from Schedule K.  Please review."

I have looked at Schedule K til I am blue in the face and I can't figure out what it's talking about.  I am showing exactly 1/2 of the ordinary business income shown on line 1 of Schedule on each K-1.  Anyone else have a clue what I'm doing wrong here?  

I created a test return to try it out.  On my K-1, the ordinary income on Line 1, the SE income on Line 13, and the QBI on Line 20 (Code Z) are all the same.  I don't get the warning gfizer is talking about.  Even if I decrease ordinary income below the entered QBI, I don't get a warning about it.