ATX Community

MISSED OPPORTUNITY

BLACK BART

Lady came by today; package in hand; we've been doing it for years (has retirement benefits, savings interest, farm rental, taxable social security, needs 1099).  Says she's decided to do it herself (been looking around online I suspect), but she's going to let us e-file it for her (gosh; thanks a bunch).  She did mention that she "might need a little advice" because "the forms don't seem to look like last year's." 

She was crushed when I said "We don't do that." Going to be crushed even further when I tell her the fee (up $50) isn't like last year's either. <_<

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

On 1/30/2019 at 12:52 AM, BLACK BART said:

Lady came by today; package in hand; we've been doing it for years (has retirement benefits, savings interest, farm rental, taxable social security, needs 1099).  Says she's decided to do it herself (been looking around online I suspect), but she's going to let us e-file it for her (gosh; thanks a bunch).  She did mention that she "might need a little advice" because "the forms don't seem to look like last year's." 

She was crushed when I said "We don't do that." Going to be crushed even further when I tell her the fee (up $50) isn't like last year's either. <_<

They’ll come back knocking at the door for help when they start receiving notices, I was once told by a former client that I charged too much and he was going to prepare them himself, I said fine, no problem.  He did call me, however I was under extreme pressure during that time I was not able to assist him with the notice he received.

• Like 2