ATX Community

Reject Due to ATX Incorrect 1040ES Due Date

FDNY

The title says it all.  Once I deciphered the reject info I found that ATX has the first quarterly payment as 4/17/19 which unless my calendar is wrong is a Wednesday.  I checked IRS website and due date is 4/15/19.  So before ATX does the correction you cannot e file with 1040ES payments.  Can't even override.  I'll post on their site because calling is fruitless.  Of course MA and ME is still 4/17, but who cares, everyone is in Boston watching the parade except me.

46 minutes ago, EricF said:

1040 ES is not electronically filed with the IRS, so why should ATX care what the form or instructions for the vouchers say?

Yes sorry, I'm talking about the estimated payment automatic debit date.  ATX won't let you change it.   But if you look at their 1040ES form it says 4/17 so it is all screwed up.

Glad you found a way to fix it.  I have had to do the same thing with EF Info forms that ATX sometimes thinks is 2019 rather than 2018.

The parade, by the way, is likely the Patriots Day parade held in Boston on Monday, April 15. With Massachusetts and Maine observing that day, and DC observing Emancipation Day on Tuesday the 16th, MA and ME get an April 17 deadline.

• Like 1

Thanks Eric.  I rolled over this return about a week ago before the form and worksheet was updated and I e filed it Sunday.  But it was odd that the form didn't update itself when I checked on the rejection, I had to manually replace it.  I always think it is something I did wrong anyway and always try to figure it out.  I hardly ever call ATX, I'd rather come here or the official board.

The parade was today for the other Patriots, the ones with the big paychecks.  This city is electric today, and the only people working are me and Catherine.

• Like 1