ATX Community

Error: Duplicate SubmissionID

Jack from Ohio

I am having several (12) Fed rejects (#63) that says:

"The return submitted contains a duplicate SubmissionID.  Recreate this return to assign a new SubmissionID and retransmit it."

I recreate the e-files and resubmit, and all is well.  I cannot find any reason for the error, and cannot find any commonality among the returns. 

I would like to know the cause, and be proactive to prevent.  We will process nearly 3K returns, this year, at the firm where I work part time, and this is just a time consumer.

The Knowledge Base has correction for this area code, but it is for 2012, 2013, 2014, & 2015.  (Oxford commas are here to stay!!!)

Any information would be helpful.

On 2/7/2019 at 11:12 AM, Jack from Ohio said:

I am having several (12) Fed rejects (#63) that says:

"The return submitted contains a duplicate SubmissionID.  Recreate this return to assign a new SubmissionID and retransmit it."

I recreate the e-files and resubmit, and all is well.  I cannot find any reason for the error, and cannot find any commonality among the returns. 

I would like to know the cause, and be proactive to prevent.  We will process nearly 3K returns, this year, at the firm where I work part time, and this is just a time consumer.

The Knowledge Base has correction for this area code, but it is for 2012, 2013, 2014, & 2015.  (Oxford commas are here to stay!!!)

Any information would be helpful.

same issues here

• 4 weeks later...