ATX Community

Tardy Clients

Christian

Client appointments are as usual, or maybe a bit lighter.  Drop offs are down somewhat.  I think one culprit is the brokerages.  I have not seen a single consolidated 1099 from Wells Fargo, Schwab, TD, Fidelity, etc yet.  I thought they had to mail them by Feb 15, but some got extensions until the end of Feb.  Did they all get extra time this year?

• Like 1

I don't know about extra time, but I have my own Vanguard and Fidelity 1099s.  I did get one TD about a week ago, but that's it.  I've done 68 returns so far on track for my usual 110 by the end of the month.  But surprisingly I've gotten none in the mail Tuesday after the long weekend. I would have expected at least a half dozen.

• Like 2

The brokerage 1099s where all the person had was interest or dividends have been out for a while.  Today I saw my first consolidated 1099s, which include stock sales etc.  I noticed that adviser fees are not reported on all of them, likely because they are no longer deductible.  Bet the advisors are happy about that.

• Like 3