ATX Community

Refunds that were indicated to be direct deposited are not being DD and instead checks are being mailed!

giogis245

I just prepared a return for a client for whom I had a note in the file that last year she got a check because I forgot to click the Direct Deposit box before filing.  You know how some people say at pick up, "Oh, yeah, I want that to go to my bank account," and you smile and say, "Oh, sure, no problem," (even though it really is a little bit of a pita), and you enter the numbers but forget to click the &*^% box?  Maybe that happened. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, joanmcq said:

ATX has a red error message if you forget to check either direct deposit or one of the other methods to get the refund.  And one if you check DD but forget to put in the bank info.

Yes, it does covers both of those, but my mistake was so special I was on my own.  😉  I had bank numbers entered and "mail a check" checked.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, RitaB said:

I just prepared a return for a client for whom I had a note in the file that last year she got a check because I forgot to click the Direct Deposit box before filing.  You know how some people say at pick up, "Oh, yeah, I want that to go to my bank account," and you smile and say, "Oh, sure, no problem," (even though it really is a little bit of a pita), and you enter the numbers but forget to click the &*^% box?  Maybe that happened. 

I have done that very same thing.  they always change their mind after everything is printed and done.  Yes do forget too as we are interrupted so very often.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grandmabee said:

I have done that very same thing.  they always change their mind after everything is printed and done.  Yes do forget too as we are interrupted so very often.

It's the worst, having to touch a return more than once.  If they only knew how much more likely we are to mess up when they dribble in information or change their mind about something after we think we're done...

• Like 4

I always have a few in the racks waiting for that last piece of info.  I will harass them until they get off their butts and shake a leg.  It's funny, I always say I won't start a return until I have everything, but that never works as I feel a need to keep moving.  Too bad clients don't feel that way.

• Like 4

Yeah, I don't start one if I know something is missing, but it seems like every other one I pick up, something is missing.  Today: 

Me:  Your Composite Statement from LPL Financial is missing.

Lady who actually tried to get me to put a value on empty peanut butter jars she donated to Bible School project:  Are you sure?  I thought I put that in there.

Every.   Single.   Time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1