ATX Community

I am Jealous

BulldogTom

Preparing a return today for a new client.   She wants to claim her grandson on her return and take HOH.   Her son tells her he did not take the kid.   She hands me his 2018 return because she does not trust the kid.  

So I open the return prepared by another firm, and what do my eyes behold.....a 1 page tax return!    Someone has software that will print page 1 and page 2 of the 1040 on one page.

I want it … I Want it...I Want IT...IWANTIT!

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 2

I really don't want it.  I like to print the forms as they officially are.  I explain to the client the new forms and that the lower half is supposed to be blank.  I'm still trying to get to know where everything is and what Schedule ties in where.  Printing page 1 & 2 on the same page will only confuse me more.

• Like 3

I'm not sure I understand. If IRS accepts it in paper form printed on a single page, what is the reason for saying the lower half is supposed to be blank?  The way data feeds into the mail form is a little awkward at times, but after tracing the flow on a few returns, it becomes easier to understand. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnH said:

I'm not sure I understand. If IRS accepts it in paper form printed on a single page, what is the reason for saying the lower half is supposed to be blank?  The way data feeds into the mail form is a little awkward at times, but after tracing the flow on a few returns, it becomes easier to understand. 

I didn't know IRS accepts in paper form, both on same page.  It's still easier for me to see page two on a page two.  And not having to explain to clients.  Maybe it's just a mental thing.

I have very few that get a printed return.  I did have some local clients come and pick up and I got to vent on the stupidity of the new forms while explaining their returns.  Since they were also picking up a 2017 amended it was easy to show the difference.  And they had very few of the additional schedules..