ATX Community

Deceased Client

Randall

Just did my 2nd deceased return.  On the first one, I wondered why the Deceased date didn't show up at the top.  It did on my state (Ky).  I now noticed (with this 2nd one) it is at the bottom of 1040 page one. Not the bottom of the page but at the bottom of the printed portion (mid page).  I think someone else wondered about the notice not being there so I wanted to post this.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Randall said:

Just did my 2nd deceased return.  On the first one, I wondered why the Deceased date didn't show up at the top.  It did on my state (Ky).  I now noticed (with this 2nd one) it is at the bottom of 1040 page one. Not the bottom of the page but at the bottom of the printed portion (mid page).  I think someone else wondered about the notice not being there so I wanted to post this.

Me too.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 3:00 PM, grandmabee said:

Yes, that is where it is showing up.  ATX tech support said that was a new law from IRS but for some reason none of the other big tax software, Lucert, Drake, Tax pro still puts in on the top of 1040. Hmmmm wonder why only ATX must follow this new rule.

--> "new law from IRS" <--  Sounds like whomever you spoke with at ATX tech support was just making it up as they went along.  How many times do tech support people of all stripes just say whatever comes to mind to get us off the phone when they don't  have a script applicable to the situation?  Rather than actually check for an answer, they just blurt out some nonsense and hope you won't challenge them.

Speaking of deceased clients, my number of those seems to be increasing exponentially each year.

• Like 1