ATX Community

State Efiles - Stuck in Transmitted Status

Yardley CPA

I have the same problem. There's one batch of 11 hanging out there for a few different states. State efiles I have sent since then have already come back. 

I'll have to call TWise today. 

We can't even re-create efiles because they have already been sent. 

UGH.... 

Yes, same problem. One Federal, my Mom's of all people and one state.  I understand that if stuck you can duplicate the return and re send the new return.  This has been posted on ATX blog, although I think they just mentioned there were federal returns affected.

Mom's not happy.

47 minutes ago, FDNY said:

Yes, same problem. One Federal, my Mom's of all people and one state.  I understand that if stuck you can duplicate the return and re send the new return.  This has been posted on ATX blog, although I think they just mentioned there were federal returns affected.

Mom's not happy.

Mom deserves to be happy...especially with her tax preparer.  🙂

All of my affected client had their federal returns accepted.  It's just the states in limbo.  I did see the blog comment and duplicated all of the returns this impacted.  I also recreated the state efiles...I'm just hesitant to transmit them, since they are all showing as having already been transmitted.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Randall said:

Mine are going thru slowly.  They will show status as Transmitted to EFC, then later come thru as accepted,  never showing the status as Transmitted to Agency.  Wouldn't rehanging them be better than duplicating the return?

Randall...what do you mean by "rechanging" them?  Recreating the State return within the file itself, without duplicating it?

4 minutes ago, Yardley CPA said:

Randall...what do you mean by "rechanging" them?  Recreating the State return within the file itself, without duplicating it?

No, nothing done in your program.  Go to ATX site, under Efile status, search for the client, you'll see an option to 'Rehang'

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

Let 'em rip. I did and they all went through. The hung ones said they were at EFC which is ATX.

So...I let it rip...and came up empty!!  I duplicated the returns as ATX instructed.  I tried efiling a New Jersey recreated return and it transmitted.  I was pleased.  

Then I checked the Ack...i.t was rejected with the following reason:

image.png.f392a21397d840d61d6bb5452b104d73.png

Now I'm trying to find out if other files showing as transmitted have been received by three states.  As long as they are received and accepted, even if ATX continues to show them as transmitted...so be it.  

23 minutes ago, Yardley CPA said:

It seems like there are two floating around.  Very unfortunate. 

I had to follow their recommendation on several.  Duplicated the return, created the efile in the duplicate and transmitted.  One was Fed, two were state where Fed already accepted.  I did notice in the Efile manager, that the originals were grayed out now after transmitting the duplicate.  So hopefully, no problems will pop up.

After the recent ATX update, I got a message that several Efiles have been in my system marked Sent to EFC for a long time.  ATX recreated them but warned if duplicated and resent, disregard.  At least I can mark them 'complete' so they are no longer in my Efile manager.

4 hours ago, Randall said:

After the recent ATX update, I got a message that several Efiles have been in my system marked Sent to EFC for a long time.  ATX recreated them but warned if duplicated and resent, disregard.  At least I can mark them 'complete' so they are no longer in my Efile manager.

You can delete the newly created ones from your efile manager. They are duplicates and are not needed.

28 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

You can delete the newly created ones from your efile manager. They are duplicates and are not needed.

Yes, I knew that, meant to say delete from the Efile manager.  But I have two in the Return manager. One where the Fed was efiled and the other where the state was efiled.