ATX Community

Online Fax

Terry D EA

I'm curious what type of fax system, preferably online is everyone using? I have been using RingCentral for a number of years and the price keeps going up. Just got a notice they are upgrading me again which will not cost $152.00 per year. Has to be something more reasonable out there. No, I don't have a land line. Suggestions please.

I've had the IRS ask if I had the fax machine nearby so it was secure. I just lie and say yes. It's a little awkward when they ask if the fax is coming through and I have to go check my efax site. I just put them on hold.

But I've had zero success with the IRS faxing me anything. My phone doesn't even ring. They end up mailing it to me every time.

My efax number is long distance, but people just call my local number and if I don't answer (or if all lines are busy), it forwards to my efax number which can handle both voice mail and faxes.

I got a special price because the service I was with (MaxEmail) got bought out by efax. I think I'm paying 64/yr. There's nothing out there that I've seen in that price range.

I've used eFax for years and love it. It has a free version, but you can't choose your number. If you want to choose your number or want to port over your existing fax number, you pay. I pay annually to get a savings. But, because it's annual, I can't remember it off the top of my head; think it's up to $169/year. I get faxes via email, but can also go to their site from anyplace with an internet connection. They usually have a two-month free trial. eFax or j2 Global Communications.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Yardley CPA said:

In addition to my laser printer, I have a Lexmark CX410de all in one.  This unit gives me the option to suppress printing and instead it sends a pdf to my email address.  It's worked well for me.  I am seeing less and less incoming faxes.  They are few and far between these days. 

It doesn't have an option to just save the PDF to your computer? Seems odd that it has to be emailed.

My fax machine broke down this year, and rather than get a new one I went looking for an electronic service.  I tried eFax but they could not port over my current fax number for some reason (probably because of the rural area I live in.)  However, RingCentral was able to port my number and I have been very happy with the service so far.  And I love deleting the junk faxes instead of finding them printed.  And I can save the file as PDF instead of printing.  I did have to pay for the service because I wanted to keep the same fax number we have had for the last 20 years. 

• Like 1

Both eFax that I use and RingCentral that my largest biz client uses will not print unless you choose to print. Both save in their system, available on my computer or anywhere I have internet service. Both allow me to move a fax into a client folder or where ever I choose to save it.

• Like 1