ATX Community

IL state efile acceptance/ack stuck on hold for unknown reasons

mircpa

I have a weird situation. 1120S is accepted & IL's tax says transmitted to EFC since past 6 days with acknowledgement of acceptance. When I called ATX tech support today he says it is stuck & suggested me to duplicate tax return, re-transmit both Fed & state of course fed will be rejected & state will be accepted. I duplicated & then deleted for some reason I was feeling uncomfortable about this. I am sure there should be some way out not just re-submit already accepted tax  return. Does anyone else went through or has some suggestions how to get over this.

Sorry, I misread your question.

I sent about 10 returns last week and all of them got stuck.

Open the return, pull down the file menu and select "duplicate return". Close the original return and stay with the "copy 1" return, create the efile return and send the federal.  When the efile is accepted by the IRS, send the "copy 1" return to the state. 

Once both are accepted, go to efile manager and delete the original efile files for IRS and for the state. Then go to return manager and delete the original return. After that and while in return manager, delete the Copy 1 in front of your client and you are back to normal.

The suggestion above works if the Federal is the one stuck. In your case, you might want to keep both, the original and the copy 1 version because you will need proof that you efile and the federal will reside with the Original one and the state with the Copy 1 version.