ATX Community

Why do I get this message?

Margaret CPA in OH

Sorry, there is a problem

There are no unread content items.

Error code: 2S136/J

•  

When I finish reading the last topic, instead of going back to the first page,  get this message.  Then I go to Forum and General is in black indicating new postings but there aren't any I haven't read.  This is a new development, at least for me. 

Hmm, I don't know but I had a similar problem recently where the forum continued to show that there were unread posts but I never got any message or error code, but I think you are describing the same thing.  I talked with Eric and he couldn't replicate the problem.  I cleared my cache, cookies, and history using the utility build into Firefox and also the older way through the Control Panel, and then rebooted.  I haven't had the problem since then.  

What your describe could happen if using the "back" button to return to the general chat or main page of the forum, but I wasn't doing that either.  I always use the "browse" tab to return to the main page that shows all the forums but it wasn't clearing them as read, and I'd have to manually mark the forum.

Tagging @Eric to alert him of the problem too, and your error code may be helpful to him.

I've had both of those happen every time a thread gets moved to a new forum. Even though I've read the thread in each forum, General still showed there are unread threads and I'd get that error message, too. Logging out, restarting Chrome, even rebooting my computer still left the bold General forum suggesting I had unread posts. If I Mark the Forum as Read, it behaves. Took me a couple of "moved" threads until I found what works and doesn't.

Thanks for the error codes that have been provided so far. Maybe the errors were caused by me moving some topics posted by new members, and that usually doesn't happen on an ongoing basis. Eric did say that there was an update recently, that he couldn't replicate my issue, and that he wouldn't have a fix for it anyway,. If the issue is caused by the forum's software, it would have to be corrected by the vendor.

There has been a maintenance release for the forum software since the last update, so I'm going to apply it in a little bit.  I usually try to keep from running updates during tax season unless they're security related or unless there are problems that people notice.

There will be some brief downtime, but shouldn't be more than 15 minutes.

• Like 2

Can everyone take a look, maybe refresh the page, and let me know if any weirdness they noticed before has been resolved?

If you still have issues, try logging out and back in again, or clearing cache and logging in again and re-checking.

• Like 1