ATX Community

Where are they?

ILLMAS

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, ILLMAS said:

About 25 or so clients have not contacted me or dropped (as of today) off their information like in prior years, I am starting to worry...

Me, too.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, ILLMAS said:

... anyone else is experiencing something different?

No.

We have over 60 from whom we have heard nothing.  About half of these will call on April 14th with some variation on "I *really* thought I was going to get you my stuff on time *this* year but I guess not so please put me on extension" and the rest either surface in July-August (to ask about "second extension" again, forgetting that those no longer exist even though we keep telling them).  We start preparing extensions next week, so that they're all ready to go in early, then we contact the ones we know/suspect won't contact us.  The "regulars" we'll just put in - you could set your calendar by some of these folks!

• Like 1

I just told an entire family, including the kids with part-time jobs, that they're going on extension, because they're leaving for Barbados by 12 April. Anyone not available through 15 April, probably through 11:59 p.m., is going on extension! Probably because I'm jealous that they get to go on vacation while I work. But, to them, it's the new tax law and forms, the shortened tax season, blah, blah, blah. I did prepare the partnership return for the parents' biz on time. And, I'll get them their ES amounts this weekend, so they can pay those before they leave. But, really, don't tell me 30 March that you'll be out of the country over spring break! I used to tell them to watch for my emails and deal with it in their hotel's biz center, but now it's just extensions, no arguments.

• Like 2