ATX Community

W-2 with 5 Code 12's

Margaret CPA in OH

31 minutes ago, Margaret CPA in OH said:

Entry in ATX W-2 allows for 4.  If I put the fifth one on a second W-2, anyone know what will explode?

I've enjoyed knowing you, Margaret.  😥

Actually, I don't know the answer to your question, but I only enter items form Box 12 that affect the return.  For examples, I never enter DD amounts, and I only enter D amounts if they qualify for Retirement Savers Credit.   Maybe there is an entry that you can omit.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm not dead yet!  The message was that it wouldn't be transmitted like that so all good.

I like your solution, Rita, so DD is out.  The other items are needed, I think, especially the stock options, code v, but also the insurance, 401(k) amount and HSA contribution.  So DD is it.  In fact that is 12e so maybe karma was at work here.

Next is Box 14 which includes $17840, restricted stock but I've already accounted for the $85k+ gain on the 1099-B which was included in Box 1.  Always something...  I'll have to ask the client about this as it doesn't match up with the exercise data.

Yesterday I entered Box 12 codes for 401k and Roth 401k.  Both ended in .50 so I rounded them up.  I got a diagnostic in UT that the taxpayer contributed too much.  I rounded one down so the total was $18,500 instead of $18,501 and the diagnostic went away.  Something is reading those codes.