ATX Community

Philippines taxpayer signature

MOBEE

Taxpayer has all earned income in USA but now living in Philippines. Best way to get signatures?. Mail & wait for signed forms & file extension if not received? Attach to email for him to sign& return by email? Text a picture of form for him to sign & return?  Fax?? What are your suggestions. TIA. 

12 minutes ago, Pacun said:

I would ask them to sign the form, scan it, and email it to you. Then ask them to mail it to you. I would file with the scanned copy if that's my client from previous year(s).

Basically the same thing, but is texting a picture of the signed form acceptable?  I've had a few clients do that.  

• Like 1

I have FileShare, a simple portal, free with my CCH SiteBuilder website. I also use CCH's eSign, and my clients have been liking it. CCH's eSign works for federal and all states EXCEPT NY (CCH is working on getting NY into the fold). I'm in CT and have a lot of NY commuters, NY residents, etc., so use FileShare for their returns and for clients who are used to FileShare and reluctant to try something new. But, eSign has been working for all my other clients. Have a couple in Singapore coming up soon. The eSign license is free; then you pay-per-use for verified signatures (like 8879) and a lesser fee for unverified (maybe engagement letter). It's been really fast.

• Like 1