ATX Community

Die Hard Tax Filer

Christian

I have a client who despite having no need to file a federal or Virginia return continues to have state tax withheld insisting on filing a return. His federal return has now been rejected by the EFC I suppose because he has no need to file. Since there is no reject code indicated I have no way to address this as I am unable to delete the efiles and recreate. Anyone know a solution other than giving him a return to mail ? He is the only client I have ever had to not quit filing after advice to do so.

2 hours ago, Christian said:

I have a client who despite having no need to file a federal or Virginia return continues to have state tax withheld insisting on filing a return. His federal return has now been rejected by the EFC I suppose because he has no need to file. Since there is no reject code indicated I have no way to address this as I am unable to delete the efiles and recreate. Anyone know a solution other than giving him a return to mail ? He is the only client I have ever had to not quit filing after advice to do so.

No explanation?  Try calling atx support?

I rolled the return over again and recreated it. The efile was created before the newest version of ATX was received. Oddly the reject notice did not so advise. His son's return created the same day was sent off this am and the reject notice advised I needed to submit it using the updated version. So it seems I have s o l v e d  the problem. 🙄

• Like 2

On 4/4/2019 at 8:45 AM, Gail in Virginia said:

Or you may be able to e-file a stand-alone VA return.  Depends on why the federal rejected.

I can't file a state without a federal. If my federal rejects, the state must be ppr. But, I am TWise, not ATX.

I rolled the return over again and recreated it. The efile was created before the newest version of ATX was received. Oddly the reject notice did not so advise. His son's return created the same day was sent off this am and the reject notice advised I needed to submit it using the updated version. So it seems I have s o l v e d  the problem. 🙄

• Like 2