ATX Community

ATX duplicate back ups

TAXMAN

On 4/9/2019 at 12:11 AM, TAXMAN said:

Some months ago I stumbled onto a message that someone stated how to clear out some of the backup ATX makes when it leaves a file. Anyone remember what or where this may be?

Don't mess with those things.  It is like brain surgery, and will make little if no difference.

First hand experience talking here.

I just deleted 11GB of backups of Payers and Companies. ATX stupidly makes thousands of those every year when they ought to limit the backups to 10 at the most. You don't want to delete any backups of tax returns or settings but the payers and companies backups are absurd. Yes I have a 2TB drive with just over 1TB free, but those files are simply unnecessary and every time you backup or clone your drive they add time and wear to your computer. And, yes, I'm a bit OCD. 🤪

The wasted space files are located at c:ProgramData\Wolters Kluwer\ATX 2018 Server\ATX 2018 Backup

And they're named like "Companies (2774).atx18backup" and "Payers (4737).atx18backup".

And when I do this again in the fall, it will be back up to around 10GB again, I'm certain.