ATX Community

Your annual warning about windows updates in April comes with a side of sauce this year

Abby Normal

I have been having recurring bouts of glacial internet service with pages loading so slowly they don't load at all. My ISP sent me a new router which initially worked ok then yesterday the problem reappeared. They now suggest my Ethernet modem may be starting to fail. I initiated a full security scan yesterday afternoon (Microsoft Security Essentials) which always take forever. I got up this am to find the computer had reverted to the start up screen and the scan had aborted. Oddly enough the system speed is back to par more or less so I activated a second full scan which will finish in several hours. I have had some problems after these updates and wonder if it may have had something to do with this matter. I likely will replace this old reliable model but Lord knows I am not tackling Microsoft 10 until summer.

• Like 4