ATX Community

Intuit

Mike D

One of my clients received an annual subscription invoice for Quick Books Online that was double what they paid last year.

I called them twice and got nowhere, so I called the CEO. I received a call back within 2 hours and they confirmed that email notice of these new fees had been distributed in the prior month. I nor my client received anything from them!

They then began to attempt to justify this massive increase as if it were merely corporate protocol.

I explained to them that had I attempted to increase my clients fees by 100%, I wouldn't have any shortly thereafter.

There are many alternatives to their products and I intend to research same. 

I hope you are all as appalled as I am and pass this along. The more the hear about it the more they may become contrite?

Thanks for listening.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is the new model for software companies.   SaaS was sold as something to make your life easier and make your data more accessible.  The truth is, the software companies can make more money off of you over the long run, having you pay for the service of using their software, than they can buy selling it to you and providing support.   And now they have your data in the cloud and they can hold it hostage with yearly subscription increases.   Get used to it.   It is the way of the future.   

I will not be surprised when our tax software is no longer delivered to our computers, but is a login to a massive company server.   No control over the updates.   No control over the software.   No control over the backups.   No historical access if you leave.   

Think MS Office 365.   Pay by the month.   Intuit online.   Pay by the month.   All the accounting software companies have a SaaS offering.   Some only have a SaaS product.

Its not paranoia when they really are after you.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 3