ATX Community

Marketplace

Tracy Lee

My ATX errors show that I do not have to file Form 8962 because there was no advance payment of PTC.  His Marketplace Statement just shows amounts in column A Monthly enrollment and 0s in the rest of the columns (he makes very good money) which I have entered.  It makes me nervous to not include the form but he was insured all 12 months.  Discard Form or advice on the zeros in the other columns so my errors go away.

I sure do NOT like Marketplace statements!

• Like 1

Who Must File
You must file Form 8962 with your income tax return (Form 1040 or Form 1040NR) if any of the following apply to you.
• You are taking the PTC.
• APTC was paid for you or another individual in your tax family.
• APTC was paid for an individual you told the Marketplace would be in your tax family and neither you nor anyone else included that individual in a tax family. See Individual you enrolled who is not included in a tax family under Lines 12 through 23—Monthly Calculation, later.

If any of the circumstances above apply to you, you must file an income tax return and attach Form 8962 even if you are not otherwise required to file. 

• Like 2