ATX Community

Accounting Software

windmill

I am retiring from bookkeeping and tax preparation.  I have used peachtree for over twenty years and the software annual renewal is $650.  I'll need some accounting software for my personal accounts, but not one like this since I won't have any income. Can't justify this expense for my personal stuff.  Any ideas?

I would take a look at Medlin, who posts on here from time to time.

Medlin would do a good job for a very reasonable cost without paying for all of the bells and whistles that you probably don't need.

If you're interested in online solutions, take a look at Wave or Kashoo.

I have looked at these programs, but they aren't robust enough for my larger monthly write up clients.

• Like 1

I have been with Peachtree for years.   Was still using Peacthree 2010 on my Win 7 machine and worked fine.. Sage told me that if I wait much longer and get a new Sage 50 (new name for Peachtree)  I would have to send in data for conversion.  Peachtree 2010 worked fine since I do not use it for payroll.  With my new Win 10 machine I was told you can get Peachtree 2010 to still work on it but I didn't want to take a chance and wanted to avoid Sage conversion.  Sage will only sell licences but you can still outright buy it with no annual fee form a reseller, which I did with Sage 2019. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 10:51 AM, Lynn EA USTCP in Louisiana said:

In addition to Medlin, I suggest you look at Howell Software which I have used since 1987.

Howell looks like a good choice.  What is their yearly renewal fee?

Do you also know if the can convert from QB?

2 hours ago, ILLMAS said:

How do you handle clients that do their own books, but you are using an old accounting software version?  

Some clients have the capabilities to let me remote into their computer.  If they don't, I would ask for them to send me P&L and balance sheet in monthly format, and the detail reports.