ATX Community

SSA letter saying SSN didn't match employees

Marie

Got the letter about mismatch of employee and ssn.  logged into BSO and found I had an error(which I already knew), but can't find anywhere to tell me who was mismatched.  Is there is place to verify SSN?  How do I get there?

51 minutes ago, Marie said:

Got the letter about mismatch of employee and ssn.  logged into BSO and found I had an error(which I already knew), but can't find anywhere to tell me who was mismatched.  Is there is place to verify SSN?  How do I get there?

I haven't had to do this myself, so with that being said, supposedly this can be checked through SSA's BSO.  Log on and click "Report Wages to Social Security" and "accept" the use of that function.  The next page is the EWR Homepage, and on that page you'll see a link toward the the right that says "View Employer Report Status".

I hope you will report back to us if it worked or not.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ILLMAS said:

I am thinking it's a goof on the SSA side, I have a long time payroll client, same employees for many years and they received a letter, never before did they have an issue with information not matching.

It may be something as simple as one of the employees got married and their last name was changed in your client's payroll system

but not in the SS system.

• Like 3