ATX Community

ATX Website Crash?

RichRhodesEA

50 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Does anyone know if ATX keeps a copy of our efiled returns on their servers? I would hope they delete them after passing them on to the IRS or state, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept them. And are efiles encrypted?

I believe they do yes, because you can search your e-files by social using the tool on their site.  Even if the entire e-file is not stored there, the main things hackers would be interested are accessible without much digging; socials and bank info.  As forthcoming as WK has NOT been during all this, I am guessing it will be weeks or more before they admit that any information we gave them was compromised.  That being said,  I have trouble believing hackers would go to all this trouble just to extract a ransom . . . the information they could pull off that platform (socials and bank accounts) is MUCH more valuable on the black market than a ransom would be (and from what I read most companies don't pay it anyway).

• Like 3

Interesting to read a few of you were able to transmit some returns. I have tried 5 or 6 times today and no connection with EFC. So I called the temporary number and then went to a rep who said efiling has not been opened at all!! So the right hand does not know what the left is doing apparently if everyone who transmitted are correct or just lucky. 7 days in (using the Kreb Security email to WK on 5/3/19)it certainly is becoming quite a debacle and the lack of current info from WK weak. They should be updating on the hour as far as I am concerned. 

I was just able to transmit another return a few moments ago - but several hours later none of the stuff I transmitted this morning (23 returns for those following along at home) have been acknowledged as having left the EFC so even though the connectivity issue is temporarily abated again right now, the portal to the IRS does not appear to be open.

I was able to connect to EFC by clicking the Receive Acks icon but am hesitant to send my stockpiled e-files.  With all of the issues of the past week I think I want to wait until at least tomorrow but probably Monday to transmit to make sure that the malware issues have been resolved.  I am not concerned about the IRS accusing me of stockpiling given recent events.

I actually got acks back from two of the returns I transmitted today (odd considering I transmitted 23) that now say "transmitted to agency" so at least the Russians (if that who is at the wheel) are playing along.  I suspect we are all about to get 2 free years of an identity theft subscription . . . 

• Like 4