ATX Community

Client Workpaper Storage

TimElevation

Hi all,

I am new to ATX software. 2018 tax returns were my first year using it. I purchased a firm and seller used it so I continued with it. 

My question: Does anyone have any recommendations on a file storage system for client workpapers and so they can be organized in an electronic file cabinet type system? I'm currently just using a shared drive on the server. Does anything integrate with ATX?

I know ATX isn't a cloud software, but wondering if I could move my client workpaper files to the cloud. If not the cloud, what type of system would you recommend to store client workpapers?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

I don't use ATX any more, so I can't speak as to whether there is anything out there that integrates.  I have tried a couple of file cabinet softwares over the years.  Arkworks went out of business, or got bought out (I don't remember which) so I tried eFile cabinet next.  I liked some of the features of the program but as they updated and improved the program I liked it lest and had more problems with it that I just never seemed to find the time to resolve.  So i have gone to using the storage space on the server and just organizing files in a windows tree.  Not ideal, but at least i don't have to worry about my data being held hostage if I change my subscription. 

• Like 3