ATX Community

Are there ATX Shortcuts not Listed?

Matthew in the PNW

I was hoping to find a shortcut for the following actions but I didn't see an option in the ATX Shortcuts document. If anyone knows, I would sure appreciate it.

• Next form (to switch to the next form in the left hand display i.e., 1065 to Sch B to Sch K-1
  • Forward (there is a Control + B for back)

Also, I saw that I could change my view preferences to zoom out to 80% on a 27" monitor to view most forms in full screen mode, but I was wondering if there was a full screen option.

Thank you in advance!

if you click the help icon in the toolbar (image.png.6f88dff2402442057857b4fbbbea46f1.png) you will be taken to the help contents (I think it is the same thing that shows the release notes). Once this is open you can search for "shortcuts" and you should see all the Keyboard Shortcuts

I did not see anything for Next form or Forward, but I could have missed it.

One secret code I just learned this year is F9 to recalculate.

A next form code would be great. I often use Ctrl+o to bring up a list of open forms to move between forms. It's especially useful to jump to 1040 (or first form) or fixed assets because Ctrl+o followed by up arrow and enter takes you to fixed assets, and Ctrl+o, enter takes you the first form.

Having a mouse with forward/back buttons on the side works for forward and back in ATX.

I use Alt+p to bring up the list of pages in a form. Hitting up arrow takes you to the last page, just like in the Ctrl+o list. I call this the mobius strip feature.

The user manual has most of the shortcuts.

One of the main selling points for me in ATX the ability to move quickly among the hundreds of pages in a tax return.

This is my list of ATX shortcuts on a stiky note on my screen:

ATX Shortcuts

(Ctrl+)
E Error check
F Add forms
I Itemized List
O Open forms List
P Print
R Restore field
S Save
T Add note
Z Undo

(Alt+)
P Pages of form
E,E Create efile
R,R Print page

F3 Form Instructions
F9 Recalculate

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 8/1/2019 at 1:29 PM, Abby Normal said:

I just realized that I didn't have notification checked for this thread!

Thank you everyone.

One secret code I just learned this year is F9 to recalculate.

A next form code would be great. I often use Ctrl+o to bring up a list of open forms to move between forms. It's especially useful to jump to 1040 (or first form) or fixed assets because Ctrl+o followed by up arrow and enter takes you to fixed assets, and Ctrl+o, enter takes you the first form.

Now that's SLICK!!!

Having a mouse with forward/back buttons on the side works for forward and back in ATX.

I love this option too. I have my page left on the wheel set to go back and was hoping the page right could be coded to forward 🙂 

I use Alt+p to bring up the list of pages in a form. Hitting up arrow takes you to the last page, just like in the Ctrl+o list. I call this the mobius strip feature.

I can't arrow up in Ctrl + O but can in Alt + P so that's being added to my bag of tricks too!!!

The user manual has most of the shortcuts.

One of the main selling points for me in ATX the ability to move quickly among the hundreds of pages in a tax return.

This is my list of ATX shortcuts on a stiky note on my screen:

Yeah, I'll just copy and paste that to word in size 6 font! You're the man!!!

BTW- what is recalculate for? Doesn't the software typically recalculate after you jump out of the box? Or is it for times when there's no other box to jump to without leaving the form entirely?

ATX Shortcuts

(Ctrl+)
E Error check
F Add forms
I Itemized List
O Open forms List
P Print
R Restore field
S Save
T Add note
Z Undo

(Alt+)
P Pages of form
E,E Create efile
R,R Print page

F3 Form Instructions
F9 Recalculate

• 11 months later...

I found the forward shortcut key combo! Ctrl+Shift+F

http://files.cchsfs.com/doc/atx/2019/Help/Default.htm#Both-SSource/Getting Started/Toolbars.htm%3FTocPath%3DUser%20Interface|_____6

Within the help menu, it's under user interface > toolbars section. Don't ask me why it's not listed in the shortcuts page.

My only sadness now is that I don't have more buttons on my mouse!

I'm not sure if the sticky links to this convo, or if it needs to be updated.