ATX Community

Transfer of ATX File

Christian

I have now moved almost my entire 2018 program to my new machine. The Microsoft Edge browser seems glacially slow compared to Chrome. I will be moving to a new provider in about a month increasing my speed to 10 mbs which is a huge upgrade for me in this rural area along with the wi-fi capability it will provide. Someone in the forum suggested sticking with an ethernet connection to the computer for increased security which I plan on doing. The current lack of speed seems to be the reason the Chrome download will not download. Oddly I have had no problems with other downloads and do not yet understand how to check the activation box in the Windows firewall which is likely blocking the Chrome installer. 

I've heard that Microsoft was making it hard to download Chrome and other browsers. Can you download the installer on another computer, put it on a flash drive and install it that way?

10Mbs a huge upgrade? We should be ashamed that we haven't wired the whole country by now with high speed internet. It's as important as electricity for a business.

• Like 3

You know I get the uneasy feeling you are absolutely correct. After trying to download Chrome on booting up the next day you get this handy reminder from Microsoft about how great Edge is and you ought to give it a try.😀:} Well it's a downloading. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's creeping along but not quitting. I think I'll run to the liquor store and when I return it will have Chrome downloaded. 😀

• Like 2

It is 11:34 PM and I have spent all day fooling with this computer. I contacted my local isp tech who explained that new computers should be updated immediately as many times they have been on retailers shelves for months. I finally got this done  with much prayer and a few unmentionable words.😋 Sure enough the machine got to humming along. I then made another attempt to download Chrome. After a promising start it had stopped yet again. ☹️ I left the download in place stuck as it was and typed in the Cortana search module Windows 10 has "Chrome will not download" and almost IMMEDIATELY the Chrome browser popped into place. Do you suppose Abby Microsoft had anything to do with this?🤬 I activated my existing account and all is well and I am now ready to face the 2020 tax season.🥳 I have survived yet another Microsoft OS learning misery.

• Like 3