ATX Community

Renewal Offers

carolynm

they are all over the place with price for the same package.  I have talked many times with different reps and they all say everyone is getting the same price.  I finally found one who told me yes there are different prices for different people.  Really !!  She said the way it works is when you sign up for a price even if it is a special they only raise everyone by the same %.  So a long time customer will always pay more than a first timer.  I haven't renewed yet still deciding if I am changing to Drake or something else.

Offering different prices to different customers is not at all unusual.  Keeping the price differential going forward seems a little unfair - I would have thought they would gradually ease the new customers up to the same price as the old.  I have noticed sometimes when I look at something on line but decide not to buy it, the price will drop in a few days to try to get me to pull the trigger.  So i hardly ever buy something the first time i look at it online anymore.  Sounds like you might need to leave ATX and come back to get the best deal. 

59 minutes ago, grandmabee said:

they are all over the place with price for the same package.  I have talked many times with different reps and they all say everyone is getting the same price.  I finally found one who told me yes there are different prices for different people.  Really !!  She said the way it works is when you sign up for a price even if it is a special they only raise everyone by the same %.  So a long time customer will always pay more than a first timer.  I haven't renewed yet still deciding if I am changing to Drake or something else.

One of the reasons I left and went to Drake.  Also what was once included in the price of the package is now being pieced out (payroll module) and I think what really nailed it for me was the last time I renewed I was given a very special gift, the previous years books for which I threw away because I had already received them when I renewed the previous year.  I was once a fan and defended the company, but I am so glad I left and went with Drake.  I know exactly what to expect to pay from year to year.

• Like 1

Hi All, just a friendly reminder to pose and post questions related to non-ATX software in the appropriate forum, in this case in the Drake forum.

At the start of 2019 Eric received a complaint(s) about non-ATX software comments that were proliferating in the General Chat, and I agreed that it was reasonable to limit the discussions in General Chat to ATX software as much as possible. With that in mind, I've moved the last two posts out of this discussion into a topic of its own that can be found here: