ATX Community

Virtual receptionists?

Ram32

Current dilemma .....My long time office manager moved to another state. Hard to find someone as accomplished and interested in taxes so thinking about a virtual receptionist for scheduling appointments only. Wondering if anyone has had experiences with such a firm and if they felt it was value added. Part of the reason not replacing the office manager position is my age and the possibility that retirement may be in the very near future. Interested to see if anyone has had experiences in this area.

One of my business clients used a couple of different virtual receptionist companies, both in CT. He liked them both, and only moved back and forth to combat price increases. Eventually, they both raised prices to a level that he no longer found valuable. He now uses RingCentral to take messages, route calls, etc., and finds them worth the price.

• Like 3

We used to use Ruby Receptionists, back before we hired an assistant.  They were great!  They answer however YOU say, and work closely with you to make it all seamless.  They even have ways to figure if this is a high-priority call (rules you set with them, and they asked some good questions) and can then transfer TO you if need be.  Ruby (all the ladies are "Ruby") calls you and gives the basics, and up to you to decide if this is a real emergency to take.  The pricing at that time was very reasonable, and we signed up for three months at a time, every year for a couple of years.

Ruby Receptionists

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Catherine said:

We used to use Ruby Receptionists,

Does Ruby actually schedule appointments if clients want it or do they just route calls?

I'm wondering if anyone on here uses an office sharing site. A CPA in my building has decided to join one and it sounds interesting. He'll work from home all off-season but pay $90 per month for access to their conference rooms and as a mailing address. Then during tax season he'll rent a full blown office within their space to meet with clients. He expects it all to cost about $2,400 per year. He works odd hours (he'll come in at noon and leave at 10pm) and many allow that.  He can cut the cost further by just using a desk within their larger space with a locked filing cabinet.

I'm considering moving in the next year. Considering all options.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Roberts said:

Does Ruby actually schedule appointments if clients want it or do they just route calls?

Don't know about now, but back when I used them they would do that if you provided them with available times.  I did not use that service, though, 'cuz at the time my available hours were too irregular.

• Like 1