ATX Community

PayPal No Longer Refunding Processing Fees

G2R

Just got a notice about this from PayPal.  They are no longer refunding ANY of the PayPal fees when refunds are processed.  This is gonna piss off of people.  Many of my clients will probably skim right over this unaware.  Just in case you've also got clients that utilize PayPal, you might want to let them know too.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/20/20876570/paypal-refund-fee-policy-change-sellers-controversy?fbclid=IwAR3Hsky9TmN_uTd84i7CupJTuoFCSkwuSeYrM8jM2GVcp_D-KcHeiYrKvgk

• Like 2

It takes real dedication to read the CC reports we get (Elavon via Costco).  Same with our prior provider.  Generally, if the overall cost for the year is 3% or less, I am good.  Shopping for processors is no fun, since you have to weigh many factors, which are hard to pull from most processors.  There are things I have learned which I would never post in a public forum...

Anyway, this thread caused me to revisit our reports.  I pay the per item rate for refunds, so a refund costs me the two per item rates, plus the discount on the charge (1.99% to 3.25%, depending on the card used).  While the statement is not very clear, I can find the the original charge with discount and transaction fee, and the refund with only the transaction fee.

• Like 1