ATX Community

PA 1041 K1 question

schirallicpa

The Federal K-1 shows only 2900 of dividend income.  

The PA K-1 shows on line 4 income of/from estates or trusts, 94000.  Line 6 shows PA nonresident tax withheld of 2895.  No mention of dividends.    

Yes - this was a PA estate and my client is the only beneficiary.  

I expected the K-1s to be similar.  Can anyone enlighten me on possible difference before I contact this attorney who has already dragged his feet until today.

I don't have the PA k-1 in front of me at the moment, but IIRC that line is for gains from dispositions of property.  Unless there were very significant investments, I'm guessing it might be the sale of a house.

If it is from the sale of a house, from this page from PA DOR:

https://www.revenue.pa.gov/FormsandPublications/FormsforIndividuals/PIT/Documents/rev-625.pdf

What if one of the homeowners die?

The authorized representative of a decedent may not claim this exclusion on the final PA tax return of an otherwise qualifying decedent, unless the decedent closed the sale before death. The decedent’s estate or trust may not exclude the gain on the sale of the decedent’s principal residence.