ATX Community

N/T - lesson learned

jklcpa

Yes, excellent advice, always have a backup, and don't think to yourself, I'll remember where it is.  

My wife's birthday is Friday and she saw a nice necklace that she pointed out to me months ago.  I bought it right away and hid it somewhere.  Hid it so good I can't find it.  

I wish you posted months ago, you may have saved me from buying two necklaces.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, FDNY said:

Yes, excellent advice, always have a backup, and don't think to yourself, I'll remember where it is.  

My wife's birthday is Friday and she saw a nice necklace that she pointed out to me months ago.  I bought it right away and hid it somewhere.  Hid it so good I can't find it.  

I wish you posted months ago, you may have saved me from buying two necklaces.

I have two identical pairs of earrings.  My husband like them so well that he gave them to me two Christmases in a row, forgetting that he had bought them the first Christmas. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Gail in Virginia said:

,I have two identical pairs of earrings.  My husband like them so well that he gave them to me two Christmases in a row, forgetting that he had bought them the first Christmas. 

Would you like to sell a pair?    I still can't find the necklace and jewelry store doesn't have it anymore.  She has a hair appointment tomorrow, 3 hours (the full boat, color and all) so I will be tearing apart the house.  

• Haha 6

Whew!  Found it.  Was in a winter coat pocket, nobody would think to look there, I was right.  Also found my draft card, my college ID with a picture of someone who looks like Che Guevara, and a money clip with an inscription from an old girlfriend (better scratch that up).  Thank you all for your well wishes and support.   Elrod had me down to a T, as soon as she left I went wild, because 3 hours can go very fast when you are under the gun.

Oh shoot, got to run out.....to get a card.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We're Proud for you Bill...giphy.gif

giphy.gif

We share in the joy of your discovery.......

giphy.gif

Bill on his way to get that card...........

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FDNY said:

Was in a winter coat pocket, nobody would think to look there

I tell the heirs of all my elderly clients to look in ALL the pockets before they toss/give away clothes.  Coat pockets (and mens' suit pockets) tend to be places older folks stash cash "to be safe".  Especially when they were old enough to remember bank crises.

Good to know it works for birthday gifts, too!

A couple of years ago, I bought some small tools as a birthday gift for Doug, and hid them in a cabinet.  I *knew* they were there, but could not find them! Turned out they had fallen off the back of the shelf and were wedged behind - out of sight and almost out of reach.  I found them in time for Christmas.  

• Like 5

Thank you so much Judy.  It was a long week, and I was a little worried for awhile thinking the necklace will only be found if and when we move.  But with all the encouragement around here I could not give up.   I also did Elaine's happy dance when I found it!

• Like 2