ATX Community

Discontinuing Support of Products on Microsoft® Windows® 7 Operating System

ILLMAS

Important Information Regarding Your Wolters Kluwer Account

30 Day Notice: Discontinuing Support of Products on Microsoft® Windows® 7 Operating System

Due to the fact that Microsoft will discontinue support of their Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system on January 14, 2020, Wolters Kluwer Tax and Accounting North America will end our support of products running on Windows® 7 as of November 30, 2019. We have identified that you are using Windows® 7 to run one or more of your WK tax products. Wolters Kluwer's ability to sufficiently test products and diagnose software issues for customers using Windows® 7 will officially end November 30, 2019.

As your software provider, we strive to keep our products and websites as secure as possible. We can only do that by supporting the most recent versions provided through our supported environment vendors, such as Microsoft. As stated on Microsoft's website, “while you could continue to use your PC running Windows 7, without continued software and security updates, it will be at greater risk for viruses and malware.”

For WK customers, this means that our first release of the 2019 tax software, scheduled for late November 2019, will not be supported on the Windows® 7 operating system. In addition, customers using Windows® 7 who contact Wolters Kluwer Technical Support may be asked to upgrade their Microsoft® operating system if their issue cannot be reproduced with currently supported software or if the problem is determined to be linked to the use of Windows® 7.

We urge customers using Windows® 7 to upgrade as soon as possible, so we can continue to provide the support you expect from Wolters Kluwer during the 2020 tax season.

Please refer to the Upgrade Your Windows® 7 page for more detailed information and instructions on upgrading.

• Like 3

IT SUCKS!

giphy.gif

I remember how  I had and liked Windows 98 in all my offices, and they did the same then.  Imagine if Ford or GM did that...My 2004, F150 would be kaputz......ShisenFogel's...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I wish Ford GM, DC, etc. still supported their old pieces, but they do not.  I would not mind paying the original list price for a business couple to cut up as shown in my image...  I'd even pay triple list price.  Now if my wife would let me race the thing in white chinos, a white t shirt, and a Sam Brown belt, I could recreate the photo.  There was something awe inspiring then about the safety in the car being rolls and rolls of tape around the steering wheel and self welded cage.  I still favor a very thick wheel as the stockers just feel too thin.  Back then, the cars lasted a decade or more as they were tanks.  The occupant, after a crash, not so much - there was zero give in those things, and the walls were either solid concrete or 2x4 (and you did not want to have a board come in!).

I would not mind having back my 68 hemi roadrunner I paid $600 for in the late 70's.  BUT, progress can be good, as evidenced by my daughter noticing all of the air bags in our modern car today.  Heck, even an old racer like me appreciates antilock brakes and traction control, as the connection between my eyes, brain, and feet just is not as fast as it once was.

I do still drive a Jeep with a clutch, but even that has air bags (but sadly, no antilock or TC.  I allow that guilty pleasure as a fair trade from sticking to four wheels for the last three decades (on public roads anyway).

I guess I can live the old, and accept, even appreciate and rely on, the new.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Medlin Software said:

I do still drive a Jeep with a clutch

And I have a 2013 Suzuki SX4 with all wheel drive and a 6-speed manual.  I *love* my manual transmission, and am going to fight tooth and nail to stick with them!  If only cars around here lasted like they do in states where the roads are not covered with salt spray half the year.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Catherine said:

And I have a 2013 Suzuki SX4 with all wheel drive and a 6-speed manual.  I *love* my manual transmission, and am going to fight tooth and nail to stick with them!  If only cars around here lasted like they do in states where the roads are not covered with salt spray half the year.  

It is actually one of our kid's Jeep, but he does not need it at present, so we store, use, and maintain it.  Works great to tow behind our small motor home, and we rarely have the doors or top on.  It was a lease return from PA (military person turned it in after posting out west).  We got it with 36012 miles on it in 2005.  Jeep aftermarket is so strong, you can buy repop parts and create your own from scratch if needed.

The Jeep is the one vehicle I still feel I "drive", but as above, the new driver aid features are great too.  For instance, I am pondering adding lane departure warning system to our motor home (beyond the one dog who always lets me know when I hit a rumble strip!).  Maybe then I can get DW to drive it once in a while.

• Like 3

We had a 67 Plymouth GTX and used to leave your roadrunners in the dust at the drag strip.  We've been Jeep people for a couple of decades now and believe that all those other SUVs out there are just Jeep wannabes.  I just so happen to be wearing my Jeep sweatshirt right now (not the kind with the printing upside down).

I will reluctantly switch to Win10, even though 7 does everything I need it to do very well.  Just like the old 1040 did what it was supposed to do in two pages instead of six.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2