ATX Community

ATX 2006 Install and recovery

ZAKADMIN

I'm an IT person trying to install and restore old version (2006). I have installed the 2006 on a new server and have database files from an old server that I'm planning to recover on the new server. Is it simple as copying the folders from the database folder from old server to the new server? Are there any other files and folders that is required from old install. Installing the 2006 version did not prompt for a workstation or server choice. There is no support available from CCH for version older then 2012. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ZAK

The reliability of manual copy of data or apps went away with DOS...  All applications should be "installed', and all data should be backed up and restored using the application's built in backup and restore functions.  In many cases, the same application version used to make the backup should be used for the restore (contact the application vendor for specifics).

• Like 2

On 11/12/2019 at 6:23 PM, Pacun said:

Up to 2012 or even later, you could install the application and just copy the database folder (I don't remember the name) from the old computer to the new one and everything would work.

For applications which did not succumb to the direction to store items in the Windows Registry, this can still be true...  But, most device users are so well insulated from file management, the odds of a good copy are slim.  Like is often the case, this is a good and bad thing.