ATX Community

William Tasker

Monkeyman 2

Hello Everyone,

This is Kerry, who a million years ago worked at ATX in Caribou Maine. I will keep this short.

I wanted to let you all know that William Tasker passed away recently.

For those of you that remember him, he was a great man who shaped a lot of us younger folks' lives in the early 2000's.

He taught me how to be professional and what that actually meant. I still carry many of the tools he passed along to me.

A GoFundMe has been set up for him by my friend Brian and can be found here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/william-takser

It will help his Wife handle any of the expenses that may occur.

I hope all of you are well!

Kerry - a.k.a. "Monkeyman"

Edited by jklcpa
made web address clickable
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Oh, this is sad news, indeed.  He was such a wonderful person providing true technical and customer support.  I had the great fortune of talking with him at least twice.  Thank you for keeping us apprised and providing a way to help remember him.

I hope you are continuing good work and helping others as you learned from him.  Many of us here certainly hold him and you and so many other original ATX folks in very high esteem.  One barbeque dinner wasn't enough to thank you all!

• Like 3

My first thought, on seeing the topic and intro, was joy to hear from Kerry/Monkeyman and to hear about William Tasker.  That quickly turned to sorrow on hearing the sad news.  He was a wonderful man, and has been greatly missed by us ATX users.  Now he will be even more missed.  Thank you, Kerry, for letting us know the news.  And pop in here from time to time yourself, and say hello.  We have happy memories of you, as well, and you should know we stand as your friends still.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto to all the posts from those who remember William Tasker. I too interacted with him several times in the past. I am saddened to hear of his passing. Prayers for his family at this difficult time. Thank you Kerry for letting us know as well as providing a way to assist his family. Kudos to you and as Catherine said, pop in here from time to time to say hello. You probably don't remember but you supported me when I was an ATX user as well. Take care my friend.

• Like 6