ATX Community

NYS Late filing penalty Abatement

Max W

• jklcpa changed the title to NYS Late filing penalty Abatement
  • 2 weeks later...

FDNY - I have prepared tax in NYS since 1991.  Have never seen anything easy in NYS.  Now they try to force everything thru their online system.  I have a personal account - because I am a NYS resident.  I have a business account because I am a business in NYS and reporting payroll.  And I am a professional in NYS with clients whom I would like to represent.  I have never been able to get thru their online system.  One way or the other it is screwed up and I am lucky if I can even find my own stuff - let alone get attached to a client like I wish.  Apparently being 3 things in this state at once is too complicated. 

sorry - just grumbling....

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:03 AM, schirallicpa said:

FDNY - I have prepared tax in NYS since 1991.  Have never seen anything easy in NYS.  Now they try to force everything thru their online system.  I have a personal account - because I am a NYS resident.  I have a business account because I am a business in NYS and reporting payroll.  And I am a professional in NYS with clients whom I would like to represent.  I have never been able to get thru their online system.  One way or the other it is screwed up and I am lucky if I can even find my own stuff - let alone get attached to a client like I wish.  Apparently being 3 things in this state at once is too complicated. 

sorry - just grumbling....

Ha!  I may be a little older than you since I've been preparing NY returns since '84 and I do agree it wasn't easy getting problem resolutions accomplished without a hitch.  But I find it a lot easier now and I have good results online and when I call too.  If I do need to call, being the kidder I tend to be I usually start off with something to lighten the mood and find the agents to be kinder and easy to deal with, but of course there are exceptions.    Just like the kinder, gentler IRS, NYS is following their lead. 

• Like 1