ATX Community

TAX SOFTWARE PRICING

Lee B

Copied from the CPA Journal:

The prices listed below are based on information found on the providers’ and/or reviewers’ websites in October 2019. They have not been independently reviewed or verified, and are provided only as a point of comparison for readers of the Annual Tax Software Survey.

Tax Preparation Software Prices

ATX

Individual (ATX 1040 Package): $669; includes two concurrent user licenses, all federal 1040 forms, up to three individual 1040 states, 72 e-file returns, free software conversions, and knowledge base and blog access

ATX pay per return: $529 ($229/user annual subscription, $300 nonrefundable deposit); includes individual returns, business returns, and payroll returns

Entities:

MAX Package: $1,579; includes three concurrent user licenses; all federal individual forms; all state individual forms; all business federal, state, and specialty forms; free unlimited e-file returns; payroll compliance reporting; sales and use tax forms; free software conversions; and the CCH U.S. Master Tax Guide

Total Tax Office Package: $1,579; includes five concurrent user licenses; all federal individual forms; all state individual forms; all business federal, state, and specialty forms; free unlimited e-file returns; payroll compliance reporting; sales and use tax forms; PaperlessPLUS; free software conversions; the CCH U.S. Master Tax Guide; Practical Tax Expert Pro; CCH A-Line-D; practice aids and productivity tools; and online newsletters

ATX Advantage Package: $3,949; includes six concurrent user licenses; all federal individual forms; all state individual forms; all business federal, state, and specialty forms; enhanced asset management capabilities; advanced tax calculations and compliance capabilities; free unlimited e-file returns; payroll compliance reporting; sales and use tax forms; PaperlessPLUS; product offers and discounts; free software conversions; CCH U.S. Master Tax Guide; Practical Tax Expert Pro; CCH A-Line-D; practice aids and productivity tools; and online newsletters

CCH AXCESS TAX

Individual: no pricing information available; contact Wolters Kluwer

Entities: no pricing information available; contact Wolters Kluwer

CCH PROSYSTEM FX

Individual: no pricing information available; contact Wolters Kluwer

Entities: no pricing information available; contact Wolters Kluwer

DRAKE SOFTWARE

Individual: 

Per-return: $330 for 15 returns, $22 for additional returns

Unlimited returns: $1,595; early renewal discount available

Entities:

Per-return: $330 for 15 returns, $22 for additional returns

Unlimited returns: $1,595; early renewal discount available

GOSYSTEM TAX RS

Individual: No pricing information available; contact Thomson Reuters

Entities: No pricing information available; contact Thomson Reuters

INTUIT PROSERIES

ProSeries Basic

Basic 20: $429 per year, 1 state

Basic 50: $749 per year, 2 states

Basic Unlimited: $1,109, 4 states

ProSeries Professional

Pay-per-return license: $329 per-year access to all federal and state forms, $41 per return

1040 Complete: $1,899, unlimited 1040 returns for all states

INTUIT PROCONNECT TAX ONLINE

Individual: Pricing per return; different pricing based on number of returns; most popular are $479.70 for 10 1040s and $2,035 for 30 individual 1040s and 10 business 1041s

Business: Pricing per return; different pricing based on number of returns

LACERTE TAX

Individual: Lacerte Unlimited and Lacerte 200: pricing based on customized solution.

Pay-per-return license: $389, plus $76 per return (federal plus one state)

TAXACT

Individual:

1040 Bundle: $675 for unlimited 1040 federal and state returns, unlimited e-file

$745 for enterprise bundle, which allows for multiple users

Entity: 

Complete bundle: $1,200 for unlimited individual and entity state and federal returns 

Complete enterprise bundle: $1,550 (allows for multiple users)

TAXSLAYER PRO

Classic version: $1,095

Web (cloud-based) version: $1,395

TAXWISE

Pay-per-return: $586 (individual and entity returns; no indication of cost per return)

ProFiling: $1,163 (individual returns only)

Power: $2,656 (individual and entity returns)

ULTRA TAX CS

Contact Thomson Reuters for pricing for unlimited licenses and per return product

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2019 at 3:06 PM, jklcpa said:

An error, for sure. Currently on the site:

Screenshot_20191206-160435.thumb.jpg.0df53c45e6b82351eb541bb2465fdbba.jpg

Interestingly enough, I was upset when I first saw this post wondering "Now why do they give newbies 20% off and no loyalty discount for long-time customers?"  I've been with ATX for many years and my MAX package ran close to $1,600 -- here it's being sold for $1,431.  But after getting over being miffed, I realized that I'm doing the same thing they are.  We all want new customers and one of the ways I do it is to lowball a new guy to lure him in, then gradually raise his fee over the next few years and generally not ever going back down unless there's a major change in his/her situation.  Giving customers a cut for long-time patronage has occurred to me, but it you do it for one you'd have to do it for all and put a big dent in revenue.  So I haven't. 

Does anyone give long-time customers a discount? 

I give a Loyal Client Discount. I list the total price and then the discount, for clients that I think were faster or easier or more organized of bring in family or...based on what I really want to charge them. During last year with the new forms and new TCJA wrinkles, I dropped a lot of Loyal Client Discounts, either lower or dropped altogether.

I don't give new clients discounts. Unless they're kids (through college) of current clients. In fact, for new clients that are not referrals of good clients, I quote high.

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

I have been with ATX for over 25 years.   I was paying 1183.00 I was guaranteed this price for so many years now this year it is over $2,000 and I noted to them online that the price is 1579.00 but he is telling me that is only if I was a new customer.   To me they care about new customers not there customers with them for so many years?

• Like 2