ATX Community

"Client Copy" Watermark

Yardley CPA

I do. Anything that reduces a clients confusion is a good thing to me. I put "everything that has to be signed, mailed, or paid" in the pocket on the left side of the folder, and "everything that's yours" goes in the right side of the folder, most of it on a prong fastener. They still get a bewildered look in their eyes most of the time.

Just wondering if you use the "Client Copy" watermark on the copy you provide the client?

I use it all the time. Keeps clients from mailing in their copies. Helps me remember which copy is when I've just been on a printing spree, too.

I haven't noticed that they are lighter. If anything, this year is better because they've fixed the print angle on worksheets and the like that only have print at the top of the page -- last year it just truncated the watermark.

Catherine

Just wondering if you use the "Client Copy" watermark on the copy you provide the client?

I use it...it does save stamping time! I do still stamp "Copy" over the client signature lines on the forms just to make it harder to sign and mail their copy. I had one family (father and 2 grown daughters) completely separate their filing copies. They each then mailed just the pages that they had signed! I don't assume anything anymore!

Cathy

I HATED it last year asked and got the option to turn it on and off. but now i love it, use it every time. Also, for the clients copy i have always made the last page a blue piece of paper so when the client called confused i could say turn over the packet you are looking at, if its blue put it down, its yours and go to the next packet.

I do, but lately it has been barely readable. It was that way last yer, but this year started off looking like it should, but then almost disappeared.

I just printed out a return and the "Client Copy" printed like it is supposed to. I don't know what happened before, but it is working fine now. Computers are funny critters.

I use it every time. I package the client(s) returns stapled into colored file folders with a year label on the index tab and beneath the client letter, which I do in Word. Many have told me they return each year because I package this way. Confused clients? I find the greatest confusion this year is explaining the 1040-V. Like they're doing something against the law to cut it. So, I began cutting it before they pick up their returns. Saves allot of time...but they still get confused :scratch_head:

I like the client copy watermark too. Helps me sort out the copies when I''m printing; which is mine, which is theirs. Only thing that ticks me off is that it prints 'client copy' on the frikking cover sheet so I have to make sure that prints from the preparer copy. At least it doesn't print on the letters like it did last year. I staple the client copies into one of the ATX colored folders, (hard to mail in that copy by mistake) and this year got a compliment from a new client that it was the nicest presentation he's seen.

... Confused clients? I find the greatest confusion this year is explaining the 1040-V. Like they're doing something against the law to cut it. So, I began cutting it before they pick up their returns. Saves allot of time...but they still get confused :scratch_head:

Cut the 1040V? I know you are supposed to but why waste the time. I suggest to my clients that they pay by direct debit from their bank and so far almost everyone seems to like this option. For those that don't, I let IRS (or in the State) cut the d**m form!

Joel :wacko: