ATX Community

Donors credential at this forum

Pacun

@Lion EA

I edited to move all of your quotes into quote boxes.  I didn't see anything else that was included and didn't delete anything out of your post, but I'm not sure what you are trying to say or why your post was appearing like this.

As cbslee said, maybe logging out, clearing your cache, and rebooting your machine would help.

Original post appeared like this:

Screenshot_20200104-162721.thumb.png.e695ab64157128badc876adb992ddaa0.png

Screenshot_20200104-162732.thumb.png.a7b17ecc0fbd7714d3834f2a4772176d.png

Done all that, many times. I first looked into it months ago when I noticed I didn't see the State for a poster where the state made a difference. I had to go to the profile to see that state. Tried everything you all advised back then, and everything my then IT guy advised. Now the Donor issue surfaced, and I see Donor only on profiles and not posts. I switched to IE and exited and cleared cache and rebooted and a few other things people suggested. But, I still see what I see and no more:

jklcpa (with a picture)   

Posted Saturday at 04:32 PM

I get a new computer, probably later this week (new IT guy setting it up this week) with Win10. A fresh start. I don't care if I see Donor or all the other stuff that takes up a lot of space. In fact, I want to save space for the posts and not most of the other ID-type lines. But, I do hope that the State returns when I log onto this community on my new computer, because the State is sometimes a helpful piece of information.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did try each and every one of them. Multiple times.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Strange it is. And, I used to see what Judy posted, for years. And, I've been using Chrome for years. One day it changed. I appreciated the extra space the posts now have, but do miss the State of the poster. If the state matters, I just check the profile. We'll see what my new IT guy can do with my new computer, OS, etc.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lion EA said:

Strange it is. And, I used to see what Judy posted, for years. And, I've been using Chrome for years. One day it changed. I appreciated the extra space the posts now have, but do miss the State of the poster. If the state matters, I just check the profile. We'll see what my new IT guy can do with my new computer, OS, etc.

I'll venture a guess that it must be some setting or limitation outside of this site, in your OS, AV, or browser, because there are no options within this site that would limit the display as you've described.

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 1:40 PM, Yardley CPA said:

This forum, this site, is invaluable to me.  I've come to highly depend upon those who give of their time and expertise and answer the many questions that are posted here.  I also appreciate all that is involved in technically allowing it to happen.  I gladly contribute.  While I'm not looking for any recognition of my contribution, I personally do not feel the "Donor" tag is inappropriate.  If the decision is made to remove it fine.  If the decision is made to keep it, in my opinion it should reflect donors from the current calendar year.  Maybe the Donor tag is reset on 1/1 each year?  Again...just some thoughts to consider and obviously there are many scenario's that a "reset" would not be beneficial....especially to those who donate late in the year.

Eric...can the "Donate" designation be reset on the one year anniversary of the donation? 

That would give us a reminder that it is time to donate again.  Everyone donates at a different time.  I also have no idea what it cost to keep this forum up and running.  I know there is also a time factor along with the actual hard cost to operate.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Christian said:

Was unaware we had a Supreme Guru. 😄 I feel more secure. A post of mine a few years back returned almost thirty responses and hardly anyone agreed with anyone else as to the correct answer. 😖

The titles and number of dots under each name are assigned by the site's software based solely on the number of posts by that member.  Someone who posts only jokes or cartoons with a certain number of posts can be ranked a Supreme Guru.  🤣

• Like 1

My brand new, professionally-set-up computer is fast and pretty and now shows that I'm an ATX Supreme Guru, have six black dots (which I take it are not at all like being black balled), a green Donors sign, 5,822 posts, and am in CT. Even better, I can see which states all of you are in, because I have clients from CT to CA and many states in between and may need your help from time to time. I'm a happy camper for many reasons. One of which is all of you helpful, happy folks who are my virtual water cooler tax experts. Happy New Year!

• Like 4