ATX Community

End of Year Payroll Filings

Terry D EA

I purchased Drake Accounting with the tax prep bundle when it first became available and have ever since. I stated with very small clients using only maybe one or two employees. For various reasons, at the end of the year, the W-2/W3 filings were always completed on the BSO site using accuwage manual entry. Last year I took on larger clients so manual entry is not what I run to the desk to do. I discovered this morning that Drake is not able to transmit the created W2/W3 file. From support, I guess this is a feature they are working on. So, in the meantime, from within Drake the W-2/W3 file is created that you can browse to when on the BSO site. If anyone needs this, I am understanding the steps may be subject what computer you are using or where the Drake files reside. The steps are posted below. I'm saving this for next year as 2020 is still not operational either. I did put a note at the bottom for NC users. I also found Drake creates the .txt file for the ridiculous e3NC form. What a blessing to not have to waste time on NC DOR with creating a .txt file or manual entry. I hope this helps someone. I think the data path is the same in 2020.

Drake Accounting End of Year W2  File Path

1.       Report – W2REPORT txt file.

a.       Open the drive where Drake Accounting 2019 resides.

b.      Click on the Drake Accounting 2019 folder.

c.       Click on Clients folder

d.      Click on the specific client ID. Example: Client 015 is Someone & Sons Lawn Care.

All you will see in this step is the client number.

e.      Open the Efile folder in the next window

f.        Click on the Federal folder

g.       The file W2REPORT_015txt is the folder that you want to upload to accuwage with BSO.

The _015 again is the client ID

To make browsing to the folder from the BSO site easier, you can open the txt file and save it to another location.

Just to note: If you are in NC and have to upload the e3NC form. The W-2 file upload is created in Drake. Just use the same path as above through step f. Instep f, click on the NC state folder. I am not sure what other state filing requirements are but this works well for NC. Eliminates all the crap creating a .txt file to upload.

• Like 1